• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Keir Starmer at it again..

I mean, if you didn't vote Labour because you got gaslit into believing the right wing media lies about Corbyn, then you really need to hold your hand up and admit you got the Tory Governments you deserved.

You can dress that up a number of ways.

There will be plenty who say they might have got the Tory government they deserved, but in Starmer are about to get the Tory government they wanted.

First and last time I will vote for an anti-semite.
And this is why Israel is committing genocide in Gaza, because people who spoke out against it got condemned as anti-semitic. Congratulations on being gaslit into green lighting genocide, because make no mistake, if more people had taken Corbyn's stance and condemned Israel earlier, then they wouldn't have had the confidence to believe they could get away with mass murder. Hope you can wash the blood off your conscience.

I mean, if you didn't vote Labour because you got gaslit into believing the right wing media lies about Corbyn, then you really need to hold your hand up and admit you got the Tory Governments you deserved.

I don't think my one vote in South Staffordshire was that crucial tbf.

And Brexit Jez is a walloper.

Tbf I there's a hell of a lot of ground between thinking Corbyn is anti-semetic and them 'green lighting genocide' and them having the blood of Gazans on the conscience
There is.

But there is also a very definite conversation to be had about the effects of all of that.

Had the general mentality towards Israel been different back in October, I don't believe that as many as around 40,000 people would be dead now.

There is.

But there is also a very definite conversation to be had about the effects of all of that.

Had the general mentality towards Israel been different back in October, I don't believe that as many as around 40,000 people would be dead now.

Yeah I can accept that - the Free Palestine movement and subsequent publicity was definitely small/minute. Though I don't think popular opinion has had much if any affect on the political and diplomatic response

I think electing a Corbyn government in the last decade would've been a bit too late in the day to seriously take the wind out of Israel's sails. They'd still have the massive US backing that gives them their real clout anyway so whilst the UK might have had a moral victory in denouncing their recent actions I doubt it makes an material difference to what has happened over there.

There is.

That is a superb example of British exceptionalism. Cecil Rhodes would have been proud.

At least under Corbyn there was something for everyone bar the rich or the xenophobic. Unfortunately there's absolutely no reason for me to vote for Starmer's Labour now. Be like asking me to vote Conservative under Cameron.

At least under Corbyn there was something for everyone bar the rich or the xenophobic. Unfortunately there's absolutely no reason for me to vote for Starmer's Labour now. Be like asking me to vote Conservative under Cameron.
Surely getting rid of the Tories is enough of a reason?

Back